Navigate

Monday 5 January 2015

T-Shirt Design- LCI Competition


A while ago, year one CyberARTS students participated in a competition. The competition was to design a t-shirt for a technological skills challenge thet happened at our school.

The process was long but the outcome looks awesome!

We were given a few rules, the first rule was to understand our goal. The goal was to create a cool looking shirt. The second rule was to know all the technological programs we have at our school. Then we had to search for some ideas over Pinterest, so we could have some ideas for our designs.  After tossing some ideas around and drawing some thumbnails to chose from I decided to go with this one(as seen above).

We had to submit 3 different visuals, the original(the largest), Seven colours, and our design on a t-shirt.  We did this to have a visual of what it would look like if it got produced.

On the bottom right, is my original. To make it, I had to draw all the individual icons in my sketchbook then I had to scan it in. I imported it into Adobe Illustrator, then started going around the edges with the pen tool. I took an image representaiton of a motherboard into Adobe Photoshop and cut it into the shapes I needed for the wings of the Phoenix then put those images into Adobe Illustrator.

For the colours, I copied my design and pasted it seven times. Then changed the colour on each of them so we could see the design in a variety of colours.

I put my design on to two different coloured shirts to have the look of my design on different colours.

I think if I were to change it I wouldve changed the colour of it entirely. With the change of colour it could've had a different feel to it.

Overall, I enjoyed going through the process of making a tshirt design.

No comments:

Post a Comment