Navigate

Friday 20 May 2016

Poster and T-shirt: Tattered Seams



My Creative prosess, of my poster, started with an initial idea of a lone circus tent, later changing it to the jack in the box pasted above. My t-shirt design was started and finished with the same design, a sign that semi resembles a tiger head. For the t-shirt, we were given the task of creating a shirt using only two colours, I originally had three colours, cutting it down, to what is pasted above, later. I chose to do a more sign design because, I wanted to do more of a traditional family circus shirt. For the poster, I wanted to go for more of an upbeat exterior but if you were to look at it for too long it could possibly give you a feeling of discomfort, I'm happy on how it came out, I think I executed it pretty well. I decided to use Adobe Illustrator for both because I find it an easier program to use for posters and logos e.t.c unlike Adobe Photoshop. For my shirt, I traced the outline of a circus ticket sign, but the interior was my own design, the inside shape is just a shrunken verson of the outline filled and coloured orange. For my poster, like I said, was originally a lone circus tent, but with some peir critisisum, I changed it to the jack in the box here. I used the pen tool for all of the shapes, and used my favourite kind of logo and poster design, flat design to create my poster. I had to keep moving points around because, he took a while to create and finnish. I am very satisfied by my final products on both my shirt and poster. I think they potray the play pretty well, but that is pretty bias as I spent so much time looking at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment